Monday, July 27, 2009

Garner State Park: The Hikes


I wound up taking so many pictures, I think it is easier to split my posts up by event. We hiked 2 days inside the park, one hike is to Crystal Cave & the other is up a mountain called Old Baldy to a cave called Icebox. Reagan had never made the hike to Icebox before this year, she was a champ, just as I suspected. Anytime Rusty or I offered her any help she would yell "I GOT IT!" and she did...she's an ole pro now. For the trip to icebox, some of our neighbors from Pearland drove into the park to hike with us, it was a big group & a lot of fun. The last time I had hiked up Old Baldy was when Rusty and I were dating many moons ago...we look like 2 entirely different people in those pictures. I will have to get around to posting those one day as a very sad comparison!
Here was all the kids that made it to Icebox Cave...



Reagan at the entrance into the cave





Here's the view of the Frio River and the dam inside the park, really great view!

OK, now on to Crystal Cave...
All the hikers at Crystal, it was a crew for sure with absolutely no whiners on the way down....ha




Morgan obviously LOVES hiking...

Tommy & AvreyWATER BREAK!The reward! All the kids did great, fun stuff! AND if you happened to notice that Reagan hiked 2 days in the same outfit, well that wasn't my idea, she said it was vacation & I couldn't argue with that!

No comments: